Safe, Non-Drug Pain Management
Patients can self-treat at home
Provant Therapy is Pulsed Electromagnetic Energy
Illustration of the invisible Therapy Field
- Provant provides non-narcotic treatment of postoperative pain and edema.
- Patients can self-treat at home, with simple twice daily treatments.
- Patients place the treatment pad directly against the area they are treating.
Common PostoperativeUses for Provant
- General surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Joint replacement
- Rotator cuff repair
- Back pain surgery
- Hernia repair
- Hand and foot surgeries
- Vascular surgery
- Neuropathy pain
Provant treats pain two ways:
- ANTI-NOCICEPTIVE ANALGESIA: by inducing endogenous opioids (endorphins, enkephalins, dynorphins), which turn off pain signals at the nerve ending.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: by up-regulating anti-inflammatory mediators, and down-regulating pro-inflammatory mediators; these include cytokine and edema related genes.